- 2-3 medium fresh tomatoes, diced
- 1/2 a red onion, finely chopped
- 1 serrano chili pepper, finely chopped
- Juice of one lime
- 1/2 cup cilantro, chopped
- Salt and pepper (to taste)
- Cumin (optional)
After dicing and chopping, combine all the ingredients in a medium-sized bowl. Season to taste. If the chili make the pico too hot, add more tomatoes. Wear gloves when preparing chili peppers and don’t touch your eyes. Set aside for one hour in order to for the flavors to blend together. Enjoy!